How did I get here?
In addition to being a teacher, I am also a mother, wife, dog-mom, daughter, and friend. I love to create and rarely find time to sit down, preferring instead to:
- Sew. I mostly create wild quilts with made up patterns. I’m intrigued by using up scraps, and I fulfilled my crafting dream by sorting all the fabric bits into more than a dozen baskets, by color.
- Walk and bike. After a very bad leg break while skiing in 2016 I became one of “those people” who works out a lot because I never want to break a bone like that again! My weak muscles and poor flexibility had contributed to the situation that caused my bone to shatter. So… exercise.
- Cook, which sometimes gets a little monotonous, but thanks to a wise friend, I’ve recently reframed the whole meal-planning-cooking-thing as “self care,” which, oddly, helps me do it, and then I mind the mundane aspect of daily cooking less.
- Read. For the past few years, I have read hardly any fiction, preferring instead books on death, loss, and grief. (Seriously.) My favorite books are gritty autobiographies, like The Glass Castle and Educated. This summer, however, I plan to read the Master and Commander series, because it is on my bucket list.
- Witness life. This includes soccer games, dance shows, homework challenges, driver tests, growing teenagers, growing middle-agers, the seasons, and the journeys of friends, both literally and metaphorically.
- Practice. Whether meditation, guided visualizations, creative time, silence, or breathwork.
- Relax with family and friends, pretty much always outside or around a dinner table.
But how did I get HERE? Inspired to be an end-of-life coach and educator?
Free 30-Minute Consultation with Diane
The Conscious Dying Institute – Tarron Estes
Sacred Passage Doula and Conscious Dying Coach
March – Sept 2020
Conscious Dying Educator
Oct 2020 – March 2021
Soul Passages – Sarah Kerr
What Happens After We Die? – Winter 2021
Crossing the Veil: A Ritual Map for Death & Bereavement – Winter 2021
Grief and Loss as Initiation – Fall 2021
Going with Grace – Alua Arthur
Expanding Your Toolbox – Spring 2022
Birth, Breath, Death – Amy Wright Glen
Understanding Trauma for Birth and Death Doulas – Fall 2022
The Conscious Dying Institute
Sacred Passage Doula and Conscious Dying Coach – March 2021-
Conscious Dying Educator – Nov 2021 – Feb 2022 and Aug 2022 –
Best Life Best Death
Multiple courses of Best 3 Months Sept 2020-present
Best Life Best Death, since July 2021
Available on Apple and Spotify
- Nearly 20,000 listens
- Over 85 weekly episodes
- 5 Star reviews
Guest on Alexandra Jo (Death Decoded), Nicole Christina (Zestful Aging), Taylor Gallegos (Art and Life), Jenn Junod (Sh!t You Don’t Want to Talk About), and Lisa David Olsen (Stranger Connections) podcasts.